Before Sedation or General Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. For patients under the age of 18, this must be a parent or legal gaurdian present.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Contact lenses and all jewelry must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach upset, please notify the office as soon as possible.
- If you take routine oral medications our surgeons will advise you at the time of consultation. For those patients taking aspirin, it is recommended that you continue this without interruption. If you have any questions prior to your surgery, please contact our office as soon as possible.